Followers

My NamE

Saturday 26 February 2011

Sekolah Menengah Sains Miri Sarawak (SM Sains Miri)

Ode to my school...
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo... 
Understand the things I say, don't turn away from me,
'Cause I've spent half my life out there, you wouldn't disagree.
Do you see me? Do you see? Do you like me?
Do you like me standing there? Do you notice?
Do you know? Do you see me? Do you see me?
Does anyone care?

Unhappiness where's when I was young,
And we didn't give a damn,
'Cause we were raised,
To see life as fun and take it if we can.
My mother, my mother,
She hold me, she hold me, when I was out there.
My father, my father,
He liked me, oh, he liked me. Does anyone care?

Understand what I've become, it wasn't my design.
And people ev'rywhere think, something better than I am.
But I miss you, I miss, 'cause I liked it,
'Cause I liked it, when I was out there. Do you know this?
Do you know you did not find me. You did not find.
Does anyone care?

Unhappiness where's when I was young,
And we didn't give a damn,
'Cause we were raised,
To see life as fun and take it if we can.
My mother, my mother,
She hold me, she hold me, when I was out there.
My father, my father,
He liked me, oh, he liked me.

Does anyone care?... [X9]
Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo...



Friends, as I was trying to look for the words to replace these lyrics, I was stunned!  They need no change.  The title even fit snugly up there.  They conjure memories and tales of how it was when we were young comrades out there.  How nobody cared about our situation.  How our parents missed us when we were out there...True, at times it felt unbearable but the fun and bond between us, we liked it out there.  I remember the tears when we parted, even for a while.  Guys, do you?  It seemed like we were never going to see each other again.  And now we still miss the good times.  The fun rebellious times.  We took whatever life and the school gave us, and survived.  All the rules, classes, labor.  Relentless days of eating ikan jaket and liver.  Have we become what others thought we could be?  Yes and no, definitely.  Each of us now have our own master plan.  What people think, we just don't give a damn.


Yes guys.  It's our old hag, SM Sains Miri.  I was in Miri last weekend (Sat. 16 to Monday 18 April) .  Had a meeting there on Monday.  So, on Sunday I made it my mission to take pictures of the school and share it with you guys. 
I sincerely apologize to you guys in Miri for not getting in touch with you coz I had a tight schedule. 
"You could have called and tell you were there!"  you say.
I say, "Yah, and tell you that I'm in town but you cant get me coz I'm busy?"
Besides guys, you know how it is.  It's been a while since I was home.  So some quality time with the family is mandatory.  All the Tribal Councils and stuff. 

Anyways, these pictures were taken when all of the students were up and about. Also, it was past 5pm, time for visitors to get the hell out of there.  But I got permission from the guards.   So I didn't get to take more than the visitor's area.  Not even the canteen was available.  Imagine me, in shorts wandering about in the school compound, taking photos of God knows what.  Next thing I know I'm being grilled by the Penolong Kanan or Cikgu Aziah!

Okay, nuff of that.  The photo above shows where the school front is relocated.  All because some rich snort decided to build a mansion in front. The gate's been pushed way back, past the longkang where we used to get our daun nipah come Hari Terbuka or Sports day.   I believe it was also one of our Lubang Tikus.

There it is.  The mansion.  I wonder if they plant buah semangka in their garden.  Then we could relive the semangka legend. Revenge would be as sweet as a seedless semangka.
Who can forget the entrance to the bilik seni.  This was where we walked everyday when completing our SRP Seni project.  Few names spring to mind.  Cikgu Azhar, Cosmas, Kadir.  Up there was the computer room and counseling office.  This time, one name ROLLS to mind.  Bulat !  Oh ya, and the fact that Dony and Yazid's interest in Chemistry was analyzed as, get this, pembancuh cat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.cute-smiley.com

B